Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sweet Blessings

Within our religion, we believe in blessings. These blessings can be for healing, for peace or comfort, or for guidance.  While we were struggling with the possible pending loss of our twin sons, my Father and sweet Husband gave me a priesthood blessing.  During this blessing, I was told that this situation would be a trial of my faith, but if I was faithful, I would see the hand of Lord in the life of my children.  At the time, I quickly assumed that this meant that my sons would be okay, even if it was a struggle with time in the NICU, or otherwise.  When there were no more heartbeats, I wondered what on Earth that blessing truly meant for me other than I knew that the Lord had touched my children and taken them home.  Now, I can see the Hand of the Lord in bringing this sweet baby to my life, to my heart and to my home.  It is amazing to me to look at the time frames in which things happened and what brought both Eldon and I and Carolyn and Chris to the decisions that have resulted in this adoption, and how the pieces of this puzzle have fit together so sweetly.  I can honestly say looking back over even just the past few months, I have felt guided and led toward this path.  We honestly couldn't be more thrilled for the opportunity to finally bring a little one to our home and into our family.  We do of course have fears just because we know how easily and quickly things can change, but we are trying to show our faith in a loving Heavenly Father who has a plan for his children.  We continue to pray and hope that all the pieces continue to fit together and that everything will continue to move forward as smoothly as it has been thus far.  We are so incredibly grateful for Chris and for Carolyn.  They have been absolutely amazing throughout the process so far and we are so grateful that we were chosen by these wonderful people to receive such a precious gift.  This adoption is truly a blessing and we so grateful that everyone involved has the acted purely out of love and concern for this sweet baby.  Words truly cannot accurately express our feelings.  We are elated, we are nervous, we are anxious, we are thrilled and we truly cannot wait for this sweet baby to bless our family with its presence!   

No comments:

Post a Comment